So here’s another one for your convenience – MSG91 WooCommerce Plugin.
The e-commerce sector solely relies on customer satisfaction and with the MSG91 WooCommerce plugin, sellers can now stay connected with their customers and enjoy an increased level of customer satisfaction by regularly updating them about product orders, status, shipping details, cancellation request and much more via the swiftest mode of communication, SMS.
The free plugin available for WordPress, WooCommerce helps convert your website into an e-commerce store and the MSG91 WooCommerce plugin helps in extending the functionality of the WooCommerce plugin by authenticating your customers and sending them updates.
The WooCommerce SMS plugin allows you to send SMS automatically at all levels, at all times, right from your own e-commerce website via the fully customizable, open-source platform built for WordPress.
Just as the WooCommerce plugin is fully customizable, so is the MSG91 WooCommerce plugin allowing you options of
- OTP during Login
- Mobile number verification during Signup
- Change password using OTP
- Custom sender ID
- Route selection for sending SMS
- Order status
- Customized messages
- Variables available and so much more
Now easily send SMS notifications to your new, existing and potential customers from your WordPress platform.
This post here is the step-by-step guide of how you can integrate our WooCommerce SMS extension with your website.
- One touch SMS API enabled
- Every client will get 5000 free transactional SMS (sponsored by MSG91)
- 18*7 priority support
- Free WooCommerce extension
How to install MSG91 add-on in WooCommerce?
Go to the link- MSG91 SMS Extension
- Download the Plugin
- Install the Plugin by uploading it to the Plugins Section
Now you’ve successfully installed MSG91 bulk SMS WooCommerce plugin in your WordPress website that requires AuthKey for sending SMS. For getting Authkey, you have to create an account on MSG91. Create an account and login in MSG91 panel. After login you have to copy AuthKey.For more details kindly visit https://goo.gl/egy1bo
- Go to ‘Settings’ > ‘SMS Settings’.
- Change the ‘Settings’ as per your flexibility and enter your API key generated from MSG91.
- Write the shortcode [twy_otp_ini] to the ‘New Page’ wherever you want your plugin to be displayed.
- You can change your default ‘My Account Page’ to the newly created ‘Account Page’ by changing it in ‘WooCommerce > Settings > Accounts > My Account Page’.
Now configure the MSG91 SMS extension and then you’ll able to send SMS.
- Select route , if you want to send transactional SMS then you’ve to select the transactional route. For more information kindly visit https://goo.gl/Qs8A16
- Add the desired sender ID in ‘Sender’ field (Sender ID defines the sender (your identity) and the intent (purpose) of the message. It serves as the subject line of an e-mail. For more details on Sender ID, you can visit https://goo.gl/ymEqep
- Message log will create logs for SMS delivery
- Configure Messages: Add your ‘Order Status’ Yes/No for which you want to set the SMS
- Type the SMS content related to your order status in the ‘Message’ box, you can use TAGs for creating customizable SMS content
- Click on the ‘Save Config’ tab to save the settings
Now, whenever you’ll change the order status then your system will send configured SMS content.
What is WooCommerce?
The most popular approach to building a website is through WordPress. You simply pick your preferred design from a pool of templates, then add add-ons and plugins that may be useful to your website - all these are done inside the WordPress platform, and a final product can be taken out and hosted anywhere else. Within WordPress, there is an open-source plugin known as WooCommerce – a plugin used to build e-commerce stores. Ecommerce is used to push sales and achieve customer satisfaction. Combined with bulk SMS WordPress plugin, it enables businesses to stay connected with consumers, regularly updating them on product status, orders, shipping details, cancellation/return requests, and many more.
With WooCommerce plugin, you can build a robust and fully functional ecommerce store – one that you can use to list any number of products, avail them for sale, then manage orders. In addition, WordPress provides a free SMS gateway for WooCommerce. With an SMS gateway WordPress, you can integrate a WordPress bulk SMS that will allow you to share SMS with your clients and customers.
The MSG91 WooCommerce plugin helps you expand on the functionality of the WordPress platform by authenticating consumers and sending them updates via the swiftest mode of communication, SMS. This is achieved through an SMS gateway integration in WooCommerce.
The MSG91 WordPress plugin allows businesses to automatically send SMS at all levels and at any time, right from their e-commerce platform.
Benefits of WooCommerce
- Free and easy to set - The plugin is completely free, but you will need to purchase your hosting. Also, since it is a WordPress plugin, past users of the platform should find it very easy to set up and use WooCommerce.
- Offers flexibility – WooCommerce offers a lot of flexibility to users; for instance, products can be categorized and assigned prices at any time. Users can also choose their preferred theme from a multitude of designs.
- Available features – WooCommerce comes preloaded with essential features and functionalities for your business, from listing of new products to orders and billing. Among the common functionalities that come with WooCommerce are product ratings and reviews, and product sorting and filtering.
How to Install WooCommerce
Installation of WooCommerce is a short and simple process, especially to those familiar with WordPress. After purchasing a WordPress hosting and setting a domain name, grab WooCommerce from the plugin panel of WordPress and install it. Next is to select which payment processor you want your e-commerce store to use; WooCommerce supports Stripe, PayPal, and offline payments. After payment processing, set your shipping zones, including where you want to ship your products to. The final step is to extend your WooCommerce functionality with additional plugins; for instance, automated taxes.
The Benefits of SMS for e-commerce
- Being a preferred choice for a third of Americans, SMS is among the most used forms of communication. Integrating it with your e-commerce means you are adopting an already popular channel used by a majority of US consumers.
- SMS has a high read rate of 98%. It is estimated that an SMS is read within the first 3 minutes of receipt. With this in mind, you are assured that your messages are read by a majority of your recipients.
- The instantaneous nature and personalized feel of SMS make it an exceptional brand of communication as compared to other forms such as social media. This presents an opportunity for businesses to engage in some meaningful one-on-one conversations with their consumers.
- Apart from messages manually triggered by human beings, an SMS integrated e-commerce can also automatically send SMS to consumers, especially on items such as order status. For instance, our MSG91 WooCommerce SMS Integration Plugin will automatically notify consumers of their successful payment or order placements.
In conclusion, we hope that you will now be able to integrate our SMS APIs in your WordPress website easily. But if you still need help with the WooCommerce plugin integration, feel free to contact us. We will be more than happy to assist you.