An SMS Gateway as the name suggests is a channel which enables a computer to send/receive SMS to or from a telecom network, eventually routed to the mobile phones. It translates the messages which are in user-friendly application’s language to the mobile carrier compatible languages for the delivery over transmission networks to be able to reach the recipients. This whole process happens in a matter of seconds and the message is sent to a large number of recipients simultaneously.
SMS Gateways have made it a really easy and quick job to send SMS to a large number of recipients (mass recipients) spread across the world.
Journey of SMS Gateway
SMS Gateways started as fixed wired devices initially having inbuilt transceivers which transmitted messages from the terminal to the SMSC (Short Message Service Center). The devices were wired and carried only wired text only and no voice messages.
Over the period of time, SMS Gateways have evolved and served multiple options connecting via REST API such as MSG91 where they route SMS texts to telecom networks via SMPP (Short Message Peer-to-Peer).
At MSG91 we provide the other connecting options through our Addons where the user can send SMS to mass recipients via Web page, Software, Database, Contact Lists etc.
Benefits of SMS Gateway
- Faster System: Gateways enable you with a large variety of channels where you can make your systems faster without worrying about the connectivity with different telecom networks.
- Easier Processing: Now that compatibility is no more an issue, processing becomes a lot easier.
- Cost Effective: SMS Gateways are very cost effective especially when your SMS have mass recipients.
- Secure: With SMS Gateways, your system becomes more robust and secure.
- Lesser Downtime: The robustness of SMS Gateways ensure a very low rate of downtime makes the system lot more efficient.
If you are ready to improve the mass SMS services SignUp now!