In this doc, we have shared the basic steps that you need to follow in order to integrate WhatsApp Services. To begin with it, you can follow these simple steps:
1. Get your WhatsApp onboarding process done by contacting the sales team of MSG91, you can reach out to them at [email protected]. Once you get onboarded, you will be able to access the WhatsApp dashboard.
2. Click on the WhatsApp option from your MSG91 Dashboard.
3. Check if your WhatsApp number is 'verified' by clicking on the Number option available in the sidebar. The status will be 'Active' for the same.
4. In Order to create the templates, you have to visit your Facebook business page & apply for template approval.
For help, refer to https://www.loom.com/share/94118f7bc89a4279b1b7eeeb8fcef3bc
For template-related FAQs, check: https://msg91.com/help/whatsapp-faq
5. Click on the Template option available in the sidebar. Once your templates are approved on FB, you will be able to sync the same on the MSG91 dashboard, by clicking on the button 'Sync Template From FB'.
6. After syncing the templates, you now need to integrate the APIs in order to send WhatsApp messages to the end-users. The Base URL of API will look like this:
JSON/Payload for a corresponding approved template is already available in the template section of the MSG91 dashboard.
Refer to the below screenshot for reference:
You can copy the JSON & use it as a payload in your API with the base URL. All you need to do is insert the parameter's value like the Receiver's number, variables, and auth key.