MSG91 enables you to completely control which countries your SMSs are sent to. With the help of our blocking & allowing capabilities, you can easily set your regional preferences and restrict your SMS traffic to the targeted countries & audience.
Managing your SMS traffic by strictly restricting specific geographical regions can help you to:
- Prevent frauds: In case your MSG91 Auth ID is compromised, restricting permissions only to your targeted countries will reduce the chances of SMS fraud.
- Reduce SMS cost: Your SMS can end up in any of the 195 countries across the globe. Sending SMS to non-serviceable locations will only increase your overall cost. By blocking some countries, you can orient your SMS spend only at those where your targeted customers are concentrated.
- Prevent incorrect destination inputs: An input with an incorrect or incomplete country code can possibly end up in a different part of the world than intended. The best way to avoid this is by enabling the blocking of your untargeted countries.
- Enhance customer segmentation: You can improve & customize the reach of your sub-accounts used in segmenting SMS traffic. You can simply block SMS to other destinations, apart from the one that your sub-accounts are associated with.
You can allow or block a specific country from sending SMS by following these steps below:
1. Login to your MSG91 Dashboard and select the Settings option by clicking on the gear icon beside your account name.
- Click on SMS.
- Click on the Profile from the bottom left-hand side panel.
- Click on Settings.
2. Now hover to the left-hand panel and select Security and then Limit inside it.
3. You will see the country names with their status. Toggle on for blocking.