Transactional VS Promotional
Following are the listed differences between Transactional and Promotional routes:
1. These can be used for sending any type of information.
Ex. Order updates, Bank Transactions, etc.
1. These are specifically used for
Ex. sales, Offers, etc.
2. Transactional SMS can be sent at any time
2. Promotional SMS are sent between 10 AM to 9 PM only
3. SMS can be sent on DND numbers
3. SMS cannot be sent on DND numbers
4. In API route=4
|4. In API route=1|
There is one more route (SendOTP route) which is for SendOTP. If you are looking for OTP services, we would suggest you opt for SendOTP because it has various advantages over the traditional transactional route:
- Voice backup for failed SMS OTP, on our cost.
- We generate the OTP on your behalf, we send and we verify. You just have to call the APIs.
- The backend algorithm makes sure that the OTP is processed from our end in less than half a second.
P.S. We have upgraded mobile verification with SendOTP 2.0- faster, better performance, and enhanced security. To know about SendOTP 2.0 contact [email protected].