SMS Content Template Registration is the next process for DLT and as per the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), SMS will only be delivered if that SMS Content Template is approved on DLT and Template Id is passed along with the SMS. Kindly ensure to apply the SMS Content Templates separately for each kind of SMS that you are sending.
Step 1: Make a list of SMS Contents that you are sending
Identify the SMS that you are sending. To help you identify and find your SMS contents, we have 2 suggestions:
OneAPI - If you are using API, you can go to the OneAPI / Flow section on MSG91 left panel and then download the recently used SMS Contents by clicking on the “Download Templates” button (there might be a few more SMS that are not here, so check within your team for more such SMSs).
Through Report: You can also export the last 15-30 days' report from the MSG91 account and check for SMS Contents there.
Step 2: Log in to the DLT Platform
Kindly login to the DLT Platform where you have registered your Organization or Entity.
Step 3: Go to the Content Template Section
Kindly go to the Content Template Section (and not the Consent Template Section) of the respective DLT Platform.
Step 4: Apply for New Content Template
Firstly, understand the below categories:
1. Service Implicit: All kinds of purely transactional SMS content should be registered here, like OTPs, Order Placement, Order Tracking, Passwords, etc.
2. Service Explicit: All kinds of promotional content should be registered here, like Discounts, Offers, New Launches, etc.
3. Transactional: All kinds of OTPs that banks will require to complete the banking transactions should be registered here. This category shall be used only by Banks.
Secondly, check the FAQ Doc and then check the below Template Guidelines Docs and Videos specific to the DLT Platform on which you have registered. Then apply for Template Registration.
1. PingConnect (Videocon)- Guidelines Doc | Video
2. VIL Power (Idea Vodafone)- Guidelines Doc | Video
3. TrueConnect (Reliance Jio)- Guidelines Doc | Video
4. Airtel- Guidelines Doc | Video
5. Tata- Guidelines Doc
6. BSNL- Guidelines Doc
7. MTNL- Guidelines Doc
Step 5: Changes in SMS API:
Once your SMS Templates are approved on the DLT platform, you have to follow this help doc to make the necessary changes on MSG91 API or Panel- https://help.msg91.com/article/373-msg91-api-changes-post-dlt-template-approval
1. DLT Helpdesk- [email protected]
2. DLT Template FAQs- https://help.msg91.com/article/372-dlt-content-template-faqs
3. If you are a Whitelabel Reseller, kindly share this Whitelabel Doc with your clients (request you to cross-check before sharing)- http://9m.io/6Op2/
If you find the DLT process complicated or delay in approval then you must raise concerns/complaints to TRAI or Telecom Operator directly, since they own this process. Here you can find their details: http://9m.io/5B92